TIME TO NOMINATE BAS ALUMNI FOR DAA AWARD!
The primary purpose of the Brownsville Area Schools (BAS) Distinguished Alumni Award is to honor outstanding achievements and contributions by graduates of the Brownsville, Brashear and Redstone high schools. The distinguished service could be in their career, community or to society and/or bringing fame or recognition to the Brownsville Area School District (BASD). This award would celebrate the talent, work ethic and spirit of BAS graduates, promoting a greater sense of community and school pride. Please provide information about the nominee’s personal life, professional achievements, and community services which bring recognition to and exemplify the objectives of the BAS Alumni Association.
- Nominations shall be submitted by BAS Alumni paid members through the following procedures: (You must be a paid $50 lifetime member of the BAS Alumni Association. The fee entitles you to an engraved 4x8 brick that will be placed in our BAS Alumni Courtyard).
a. Eligibility for DAA nomination: graduates of the Brownsville, Brashear and Redstone high schools.
b. Submitted by (name of lifetime member) ________________________________
c. Supported documentation to include:
- Complete bio of nominated alumni to include a photo.
- Submission of DAA nomination form before the deadline date sometime in July.
- Mail all info to BAS alumni address included on the form or email to Lenora1216@aol.com
2. BAS board member DAA selection committee, chaired by (TBD), shall review the nominations and make recommendations to the Board.
- BAS board members will vote/select from the list of nominees no more than four (4) alumni to receive the DAA award.
- The award shall include a DAA certificate and a 12x12 DAA brick that will be placed in the BAS Alumni Courtyard in an area designated for DAA honorees. (Sample bricks below)
5. The award ceremony will be announced through the Herald Standard newspaper and in our BAS Facebook Club. The ceremony will be conducted in September at a time/place selected by the BAS board members. (tickets will be on sale for attendance available from any of our board members)
6. Download 2015 DAA NominationForm. Please complete this form and mail to the address included.
Sample DAA Bricks
Any questions, please email Lenora1216@aol.com